Saturday, June 21, 2008

Second Child

My oldest is turing 3 in a couple of weeks and my youngest is turning 1 in a week. She loves her older brother and copies him so much. I really notice a difference in how much more she imitates than what he did. It is quite funny. The other day she started to make the sound my little boy does when he tries to shoot webs like spiderman. She was even pushing around a car the other day and I don't remember my oldest doing that until he was probably 18months old. She tries to play golf around the yard on her knees just like her brother. If he is hammer with his tools she is right in there too. I love the fact that they play together. I makes me smile. I can't wait until she starts to walk. I know she is going to be able to play so much more with her older brother. He loves playing with her too. They make each other laugh all the time. I tell you that when I here and see the two of them playing together it takes all the other stresses away. My husband and I often look at each other and smile when we see them together having fun.

I love my kids. I can't wait to have another. Well I think I can wait a little while. I need to recover some sleep first before we plan for the next. We hope to have 4 kids. A lot of people think we are crazy but we love the fact that they will have the possiblility to have amazing friendships with each other. My sister is one of my best friends.

2 comments:

eldongermann said...

I too love the fact that our kids play together now. I feel it gives us more time to relax and enjoy each others company. For a little while there it flet kind of like a job... boo ... I do hope all of our kids get along as well as these twoo seem to. Kudo's to Mommy.

Jaime Germann said...

I know sometimes parenting does feel like a job but the first year of life I find it the hardest because of the sleepless nights. I find when I am rested my patience is much better. I also find that feeding and monitoring their moods is much harder too. I really enjoy when they can tell you what they want and don't want. I know that our oldest now gives us a lot of grief and tries our patience a lot but he is trying so hard to figure things out for himself and wants to be one of us.... i.e.. an adult.