Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Info Febrile Seizures

On the Huggies Happy Baby there was an article about Febrile Seizures that might interest some of you. I did noticed that with Peyton, my son, having 4 seizures within 24 hours it puts him at a greater risk of developing epilepsy. I am finding that with every year that passes the more and more information comes out about febrile seizures and they change. We are trying to keep up with the new info. We try also to keep our families and friends informed since they are around Peyton and may have to witness or even deal with a seizure without us. I hope that this helps to info others who have little ones with febrile seizures .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom tells me that I had seizures when I was little. Maybe its a family thing. They got rid of them when they took my tonsils out, they were slightly affected and didn't want to take them out but did and I haven't had a seizure since. You'd have to ask mom to make sure but maybe its worth giving her a call.

Jaime Germann said...

M - I also had seizures when I was a baby. I had one when I was one year old. I had just the one. I know that a lot has changed since you and I were young. My mom told me that I was given medication to take when I got a fever so I would not get a seizure. The medication that they have now would hinder Peyton more that help him. Thanks for all your comments.